by Daniel Strongin
KX-Synth-X16 is a virtual analog modular synth plug-in based on the EMS VCS3 structure, but with some additional features.
Common features with the VCS3:
- Three variable shape oscillators, tweaked to simulate the color and bandwidth of VCS3's oscillators.
- 16*16 pin matrix with feedback connections.
- LP filter, 18 db per octave with self oscillation.
- Noise generator with EQ.
- Ring modulation.
- Two external inputs.
- XY joystick.
- Polyphony up to 6 voices. Total control of the polyphony features with the extended KXMOD system.
- Each voice can be controlled with relative parameters (KXMOD).
- Analog sequencer (CV & gate) with a memory of 256 CV and 256 gates, files saved on disk, 2 accent lines, random clock, keyboard input to transpose or to record the CV.
- Mini knobs to adjust each matrix modulation, 0 to 1.
- Modern skin with notepad and variable color background.
- Html help file.
- You can adjust the response curve of the oscillators.
- The original ASR (trapezoid) is extended to 2 ADSR with Attack Reset mode, Host and internal sequencer synchronization.
- Delay fx with host synchronization and LFO modulation. It replaces the original spring reverb.
- LFO, Sample & Hold and third ADSR envelope added, monophonic modulations, they can replace the external inputs (In1, In2).
- Keyboard scalers.
- X Y matrix MIDI controllers.
- All main parameters have a MIDI CC controller.
- Velocity to envelope segments, cut off and volume.
- MIDI in splitter.
- Omni MIDI output to control external monophonic instruments and build polyphonic ensemble, each instrument is one voice.
- Sequencer MIDI output.
- KX presets:
- 27 polyphonic instruments.
- 12 unison presets.
- 36 monophonic presets (v1.04).
- 17 sequencer demos.
- 14 tutorial and initialization presets.
FREE DOWNLOAD 64 BIT
Daniel is a caffeine dependent, entrepreneur, music producer, sound design junkie, and world traveler crazy about teaching modern electronic music production through his site SoundShock. You can get in contact with him at firstname.lastname@example.org