With a Plugin Installer
Download the plugin installer. Check the system requirements and supported host information to ensure compatibility with your DAW and operating system.
When prompted in the plugin installer, choose a folder for the plugin files:
- VST3 plugins will be installed in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.
- VST2 plugins can be installed in one of these locations:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2
- C:\Program Files\VST Plugins
- C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Plugins.
- If the plugin is also available as a standalone application, do not install both versions in the same folder.
- After installation is complete, launch your DAW and rescan your plugin directory.
Without a Dedicatedd Plugin Installer
- Download the VST Plugin.
- Unzip the VST file.
- Copy the dll file to the VST plugin folder. Here are the possible file paths for the VST plugin folder
- C:/Program Files/VSTPlugins/
- C:/Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins/
- C:/Program Files/Common Files/Steinberg/Shared Components/
- C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST2
- C:/Program Files/Common Files/VSTPlugins/
4. Launch your DAW and rescan your plugin directory.