An FFT-based 512 channel vocoder. The modulator input - usually a sung or simpjy spoken voice - is analyzed with respect to its spectral content, which is then applied to the other sound source. The latter may be any externally supplied signal ranging from pink noise, synth pads, guitar or even drums. Alternatively, there is an internal, MIDI driven synth which is optimized for best speech reproduction fidelity. You can blend the high frequencies with noise for natural-sounding siblants. There is also a noise gate, a compressor and a stereo reverb on board.
Here is a summary of La Voz Cantante's features:
- FFT based 512-channel vocoder.
- Option of VST plug-in or stand-alone executable.
- Stereo inputs for carrier and modulator, respectively.
- Optional MIDI input to drive internal synth as carrier.
- Polyphony with unlimited number of voices.
- Up to three voices per note with adjustable relative detuning and stereo width.
- Octave, semitone and fine tuning controls.
- Option of noise blending for improved sibilant formation.
- Built-in modulator noise gate with indicator.
- Built-in soft knee limiter with color-coded LED indicator.
- Built-in stereo reverb.
- Master volume control with output clipping indicator.
- LED indicators for inputs and outputs for quick check of signal routing.