ThrillseekerLA is a digital stereo leveling amplifier with truly analog qualities. It not only introduces way smooth gain riding capabilities but first and foremost features a non-linear amplifier stage which is based on a non-linearity with memory yielding creamy signal coloration duties.
Utilizing gain reduction ranges as follows:
- To just use the interstage disortion section turn the RANGE knob all the way to the left – this way there is no compression applied and just the 3rd order harmonic distortion can be dialed in.
- 0 – 2dB of gain reduction – the gentlemen compressor. Just polishing the peaks can already make an awesome shiny finish. Use faster attack times and slower release times to obtain a Fairchild sort of feel.
- 2 – 6dB of gain reduction - the typical working range for almost all kind of duties. Pacing this range the compressor is able to achieve both: longterm RMS level smoothing and fast short-term peak management w/o any obtrusive gain riding artifacts. This works on virtually any material and especially also on difficult to handle content: Whether it’s a vocal or brass take or even a slap bass with huge and fast dynamic changes – the program dependency is able to deal with all that without any intervention by hand.
- Beyond 6dB of gain reduction – drum smashing and audio effect compression. One might be concerned with deeper gain riding affairs in other compressor devices and used to slow down release timings to avoid distortions. In ThrillseekerLA there is no need to worry about this. Just dial in a 30ms release time if the situation demands it and the compressor takes care of the rest.
Other Features Include:
- Sophisticated and deep gain riding full of musical character and attitude but with virtually no inter-modulation (IM) distortion artifacts
- Feedback compression design w/o any samplerate based delay in the loop
- Classic input level driven two knob design with additional manual attack and release time interventions
- Highly program dependent envelope timing adoption offering attack times ranging from “instantaneously” up to around 100ms and release times from 30ms up to several seconds
- Mix level switch to adopt the plug-ins internal gain staging to mixing levels at around -18dBFS
- Custom SC filter option to attenuate the SC bass response while slightly boosting the HF spectrum
- Additional one pole (6dB per octave) SC low-cut filter adjustable from 20 to 500Hz
- External sidechain support
- Switchable Input/GR/Output metering display
- Variable compression range control from 0 to 100%
- Win32 compatible system with SSE2 instruction set support.
- Tested and known to work in many VST compatible hosts.